HomeAboutBlog Design

November 23, 2011

Thankful However...


I laughed SO hard after reading Jennifer's post over at First Grade Blue Skies on what she is not thankful for! Yes, you read that right. NOT thankful. That girl is funny and I wanted to link up to her party right then and there, but I had just posted and somewhere I read it is against blog etiquette to post twice in one day. (Okay. I try to follow the rules sometimes!)

So here is what I am not thankful for (today).

1. Snot and boogers. (Is that two or one?) Specifically snot strings, snot bubbles, snot plugs in the nostrils and boogers dried on anything especially my clothes. Yeah, what profession do you know where you find dried boogers on your clothes as you undress after a long hard day? Nobody tells you that in college!

2. Ice. Nothing wrong with ice in a glass or ice sculptures or ice on a day when I can stay home and admire it from my window. My problem is ice on the playground that makes kids slip or tempts them to slide on it. Ice in the parking lot as I attempt to walk into school (Okay, run. I'm late again.) Playground ice that is so bad that recess has to be inside even though it is beautiful out in all other ways. Ice belongs in a peach bellini, that's all I'm saying.

3. Professional development days. Mind you, not the good ones...although...are there good ones?? Anytime someone has K-12 teachers together for one topic of discussion it most likely is going to f.a.i.l.  Insurance and budget talk PD days definitely make the line between life and death hell blurry!

4. Beans. What idiot in the federal lunch program thought giving a school full of kids beans for lunch was a great idea?  (I'm not talking nutrition people.)  Do the bean farmers that provide for the program just sit back and laugh their heads asses off? 

Wow, I can't think of a fifth thing! However, number one could be considered two things especially from a scientific view point...liquids and solids.  I must be on vacation or I am pretty sure I'd have a hard time limiting it to five! ;)  Thanks Jennifer, for putting together this fun linky party!

Well, there you have it. The four things I am unthankful (if that's a word) for today. I hope nobody got so grossed out that they had to click away from my post. Although if they did they probably don't teach at the primary level.

Before you go, check out this adorable treat one of the Kinders in our school brought yesterday. It is one of those jumbo marshmallows. Too stinkin' cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!
<span class=

6 comments :

  1. LOVE it!! I am SO with you on the snot assortments...yuck! Thanks for joining the party!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't even begin to count the days I have came home with foreign matter on my clothing!! eeewww!!!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snot is gross and I can't stand when my kids make a string with it. And then wipe it on themselves or the carpet. And I have been known to gag if they EAT IT!!!!!!
    YICK! YUCK! BLECK!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I have two pickers in my class this year. They have no.shame.whatsoever in doing this in front of their friends. And what's worse, no one says anything to them but me! Is this an acceptable social activity now? I hope not! :)

    Haley
    followingoptimism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! lol
    i'm your newest follower!
    come by teaching fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following me! I'm following you too now! :) I'm also following you on Pinterest as well!

    Jess
    http://indepenendenceinlearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...