I am bound and determined to get rid of THE desk, but at the same time I am really nervous about it. I keep having these "what if" thoughts like the darn kids. (Don't you get sick of those what-if-er kiddos?) All day long I try to eek out moments of going through drawers and trying to come up with a game plan.
I think it is killing me.
But I will not stop. No I will not. I will not stop until I drop.
In the mean time, my desk area looks like pooey, doggie-dooey.
Quit talking about the dang desk, Erika. Ya big baby!
So on to good things. Breathe. Deep. Feel the chi!
I've received two awards, well three if you count the one I received twice.
Chrissy over at Buzzing with Ms. B. has honored me with the Liebster Blog Award. Woo hoo!
I am going to somewhat combine my duties for these two awards so I don't go into a full anxiety attack if you all will forgive me. I usually don't get this bent out of shape over such little things. I must be PMSing too!
So here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who presented the award to you and link back to them.
Thank you Chrissy, Laura and Tanya. You are all so sweet and thoughtful. Their super power is obviously bucket filling!!
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
1. I have the unique (or embarrassing) knack of mixing up the beginning letters of two words in conversation. For example, the names of my brother's ex-girlfriend's parents are Doug and Flo but for the life of me, it always comes out Flug and Do. Most commonly in conversation with one of them.
2. I was a nanny in Wellesley, MA for a year during college. It was both great and horrible for a variety of reasons, but one I'd never change.
3. I I attended four colleges and changed my major three times before I graduated with a teaching degree.
4. I love my pets (and pretty much all pets) and could easily be a hoarder. There is a cat that lives behind the school that will hop in my classroom window and visit. I keep treats for him in my desk. There are dogs next door to the school playground and I keep treats for them in my coat pockets. When I visit people's homes, I spend as much time with their pets as them. Some of them have pets that react to my voice on the phone even. Yep, love me some critters. (Some days I like them more than people.)
5. I crave chips and salsa on a regular basis. I can eat it for a snack or a meal.
6. I can't wear shoes with a closed heel other than tennis shoes. So pretty much every shoe I own is a slip on clog style shoe. I have boney heels and get blisters that bleed if I wear anything closed.
7. Not only are my daughters adopted, but I am too.
So there you have it. Seven odd things I figured no one out there knew about me.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the awards.
I hate to do this. But I am going to put off that portion of this post until tomorrow because I am so tired I can't stay awake. (Remember my days and nights were confused until yesterday and I think it has caught with me today BIG TIME!)
So, TTFN. (ta ta for now or as my husband says...ta ta fuzzy nuts!)