I read Reagan's Winter Break Top Ten post on her incredible blog Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits and after I finished laughing, I knew I had to join in on the fun. So here goes.
WINTER BREAK TOP TEN!
10. My body has a.m. and p.m. reversed. (Tuesday morning will be so fun!)
9. My diet is like Buddy's in the movie Elf. Cookies, caramel corn, candy canes, and any other sweet holiday crap you can think of.
8. My end of the couch has developed a permanent butt indentation in it since my vacation started.
7. One day when I showered, my youngest burst into the bathroom and half worried/half excited asked "Are you going somewhere?" When I responded no, she actually asked me why I was showering!
6. I haven't napped for four days in an effort to be able to fall asleep at a decent time. So far it hasn't helped.
5. My family doesn't even ask anymore what I'm making for meals.
4. When my husband gets home from work, he doesn't ask what I've done or if I've showered. Probably because I'm in the same spot and wearing the same clothes as when he left in the morning.
3. If I spend the night on the couch (again) no one bats an eye.
2. My dogs consider me part of the furniture and use me as a pillow. (Boy are they going to miss me when school starts back up!)
1. On Tuesday I may have to wear my slippers and fleece lounge pants to school because I'm pretty sure I've gained a little weight and my feet are swollen. (I wonder if I could get fired for that?)
I went into school today and started to rearrange and get rid of my teacher desk, but I got seriously overwhelmed and quit. It is definitely more than a one day job. Hubs said maybe two weeks would do. I think I'm going to have to postpone until summer for next year. So disappointing. But I gotta be realistic.
For now I'm off to print off some more of the goodness I've got going on for January. (I did a little TpT shopping last night!) I'll be the laminating queen tomorrow after school.
Happy back to school for the new year, everyone!