HomeAboutBlog Design

August 13, 2011

Back to School Game

I created this back to school game using the "I have Who has" model.  However, I wanted it to be a cooperative group game since there will be some kids who can't read as well as others and/or new kids to our school.  So instead of individuals getting a card or two, I will put the kids in small groups (probably 3 depending on class size...that is unknown still.)  You'll notice the cards say "We have" instead of "I have" and each group must read their card in unison.  (Before beginning the game, I will have groups practice reading their card together.)

This game would only be used after I have introduced certain areas and procedures in our classroom and school since some of those things are included.  It also incorporates rule review and the names of specials teachers.

My classes in the past have always liked playing this type of game and enjoy me timing them each time we play to see if they can go even faster than the previous time.

Because this is something you would need to personalize for your class and school, let me know if you are interested and I will email it to you.  The font I used is smiley monster from Kevin & Amanda.  My class rules are from Whole Brain Teaching.

Back to School I Have Who Has



3 comments :

  1. I don't know if you will get this but I would love it!

    My email is smatadam@gmail.com

    Thanks so much! I just discovered your blog and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is really late, but I would LOVE this activity! Could I get a copy at rhonda.duke@gmail.com? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was posted a while ago, but I recently discovered this AMAZING blog. Could you email me a copy at Melissa852@gmail.com?

    Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...