HomeAboutBlog Design

August 14, 2011

Answer of the Day

Recently (which could be in the last year...the way my brain works!) I saw a question of the day idea at Really Good Stuff. I liked how it promoted creative and critical thinking. Well, it's been simmering in the back of my brain lately so I figured I'd better do something about it before school starts in one week.

I designed and ordered a car door magnet from Vistaprint that I will use to display the day's answer {for FREE}. I made a coordinating bumper sticker {again...for FREE} that I will use to cover a can of some sort where the kids will put their questions.

You know how the brain works...I woke up one night with a song going through my head that goes with the whole thing. It is to the simple tune "Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone".

I will have the kids brainstorm questions in their journal or on scrap paper then pick their best question to put on the recording slip and into the bucket for sharing. Remember Talents Unlimited? (C'mon show your age!) I will stress thinking of the many, varied, and unusual questions we could come up with. Then encourage them to pick the one they think is a "one of a kind" question. (This is where having a safe and secure classroom environment is essential for encouraging risk-taking.) For questions that seem to not fit, be sure to have the student explain their reasoning. Sometimes they surprise us and force us to think outside our box!

These items are now available in my Teacher's Notebook store.


1 comment :

  1. Wow! You have such a cute blog and so many great ideas! I am so glad to be your newest follower!

    Victoria
    wisewittyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...