HomeAboutBlog Design

October 16, 2011

Favorite Read Aloud Linky Party


Courtney at Swimming Into Second is hosting a favorite read alouds linky party. I am seriously addicted to all things books so I had to join in the fun. A book that I happened upon not too long ago is called Gooney Bird Greene. This a great story to read at the beginning of the year because it will get your kiddos excited about writing stories. It will make them realize that they have many great stories to tell such as how their parents came up with their name and how they came to live where they do. Gooney Bird's stories always have a twist and will make your students do some serious thinking as well as expand their vocabulary. My students are crazy about Gooney Bird!

Teacher's Clubhouse has an amazing unit for Gooney Bird Greene. The whole unit of 10 files is only $4.99 or you can buy each file separately for $0.99. If you aren't familiar with Teacher's Clubhouse, it is a.m.a.z.i.n.g!
Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for joining my linky party! I need to find this book. It sounds great.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog! I just added this great activity about place value, you should check it out!

    Kelley Cirrito

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...